I had a film digitized by CTL, but it's expired. How can I get it back?

If you have had a film digitized by CTL and it has expired, you should contact your educational technologist.  We will do what we can to help you get the film reinstated.

The CU Libraries has posted the on-line form for faculty to request films for Columbia courses in the same way instructors currently request electronic documents through Butler e-reserves https://www1.columbia.edu/sec/cu/lweb/reserves/. Instructors can also email film requests to butlres@libraries.cul.columbia.edu.

This service does not include films for Barnard courses. Megan Wacha mwacha@barnard.edu from Barnard Research and Instruction Librarian for Media and the Performing Arts, is working with the Dean of Barnard Libraries, Lisa Norberg, to continue to meet the needs for providing films for Barnard courses. If on the other hand, a Barnard instructor is teaching a Columbia College course (CC course key ID) the Butler e-reserves film service is available for instructors and can be requested using the same on-line form https://www1.columbia.edu/sec/cu/lweb/reserves/.

Once the film is available for streaming the url will be provided in the Courseworks Library Reserves list. If only available as physical media the reserves desk location will be listed. Butler Reserves can also provide films in Courseworks when streaming rights are purchased by CUL or when a film is not available for purchase in the US market. CTL continues to process requests for small film clips for courses.

Feedback and Knowledge Base