- When viewing an individual item
- In the collection panel on the home page
- In the full collection panel accessed by clicking the "View All Items" button
- When editing a composition or discussion
- When viewing individual items, all selections created by anyone in the class can be browsed and accessed (by tag or by author). The viewer may check the "Show all selections" option: if this is done, all region (if image) or time (if video) selections are indicated, color-coded to their author. Tags given to an item by anyone in the class are listed in the References tab.
- In the home page and full collection panels, selections by others as well as you are indicated by numbers (i.e. "3 selections, 2 by me").
- When editing a composition or discussion, selections by others may be accessed by designated a specific owner (or the entire class) in the "Owner" dropdown menu at the top of the collection panel. These can be further filtered by time or tag.
An instructor may choose to turn off selection visibility. This is done in "Course Settings" in the Instructor Dashboard. If this is done:
- When viewing individual items, a student can only see his or her own selection(s), plus any created by an instructor. Selections by other students are invisible.
- In the home page and full collection panels, selections by others as well as you are indicated by numbers (i.e. "3 selections, 2 by me"), even though the actual selections are not visible.
- When editing a composition or discussion, choosing another "Owner" in the dropdown menu lists items that other students have annotated or made selections of, but does not provide access to the actual annotations or selections.