Columbia Learn’s YouTube channel offers a more robust set of features than regular YouTube channels, including:
- Provides a simple, easy to use platform so that you can host videos within course environments or academic websites.
- Allows Columbia faculty to post videos longer than 15 minutes, including full course lectures, events, or other long form videos.
- Captions are added automatically to videos, which can also be translated automatically into any language.
- Tagging features allow faculty to categorize specific video clips and annotations can also be added to videos.
- All content on Columbia Learn's YouTube channel is searchable from within YouTube's EDU portal, alongside dozens of higher education institutions.