Steps to creating a HTML page in your course site from Files and Resources:
1. First, choose the folder in which you would like to create the HTML page in.
2. Then, click on the “Add” tab in the middle of page and choose “Create HTML Page” from the drop down options.
3. On the next page click “Source” in the upper left corner of the text editor to add your content including links to external websites. (For help with editing common HTML, see w3schools.com.)
4. When you’re done, click “Finish.”
5. Once you’ve created your HTML page, you can find the static link to this page by opening the page and copying the URL. You can now link to that URL from anywhere in your course site.
See this UNC-produced video walkthrough of creating HTML pages in CourseWorks for more info.