Conversations is a messaging system within Canvas and is sometimes referred to as “Messages” or the “Inbox.” With this communication tool, you can can send direct messages to individuals or groups of people.
Conversations is split into two panels and displays messages chronologically. You can view and reply to conversations and sort them by course or inbox type. Conversations itself does not have any file size limits; however, attachments added to a conversation are included in the sender's personal files.
Note: If you right-click or option-click on the Inbox link, you can open your Conversation Inbox in a new browser tab to keep it handy while you are doing other tasks in Canvas.
In this video, you will learn how to communicate with other Canvas users via the Conversations tool.
- What is Conversations?
- How do I use Conversations?
- How do I find my unread messages in Conversations?
- How do I filter Conversations?
- How do I star Conversations?
- How do I compose and send a message?
- How do I send a message to an entire class as an instructor?